Tuesday, August 3, 2010

Quick Sprinkler fix

Here is just a quick sprinkler fix that's easy to put together when you don't have the means to put in a real sprinkler system.  I was tired of having to set a few sprinklers each time I watered.  I used to use the impact heads that would stake into the ground.  I would have to spend a few minutes making sure that it was properly aligned each time I watered.  After a while the water would loosen up the soil and the stake would shift casing the water to go into the street on onto our driveway and cars.  Needless to say I was tired of this happening.

So I did some research and copied a sprinkler system I found online.  All the materials used were purchased from Home Depot for about $25.00.  It simply consists of a gear driven sprinkler head (an impact head would work fine too) some funny pipe, the necessary fittings, a valve box, and a quick release hose connector. The quick release hose connector is the key.   This allows you to just connect the hose turn the water on and you're done.  The rest is buried and set like a permanent system.  This is kind of a permanent system but instead of piping it all in you just use a regular hose.  Here are some pictures of what it looks like.  If this is something that you would like to do too just let me know if you need any help or advice.



No comments: